TeraFlex Sport Tow/Haul 2" Lift Shock Absorber System (Tacoma 2005+)
The 2005+ Toyota Tacoma: Falcon Sport Tow/Haul 2” Lift Shock Absorber System pairs monotube front shock absorbers with adjustable piggyback rear shock absorbers. The rear shocks feature a three-position Fast Adjust Knob that allows the driver to select from Comfort & Control, Moderate Tow/Haul, and Heavy Tow/Haul settings.
ZRT - Zone Rate Tuning:
Zone Rate Tuning (ZRT) manipulates the factory linear-rate spring tuning to produce three distinct performance zones with a more exaggerated spring curve to tackle various driving conditions.
An internal negative-rate spring offsets the factory spring’s preload while in the Extension Zone. This eliminates top out clunk and shock stress at full extension, while softening tire landing and reducing body roll on impact during aggressive driving.
The factory spring rate is unaffected in Drive Zone for a comfortable and controlled ride. A provided progressive microcellular bump stop effectively retunes the spring rate while in Compression Zone to reduce bottoming and body roll during aggressive driving.
VOD - Volume Optimized Damping:
Traditional velocity sensitive shock absorbers react quickly during low speed driving causing excessive “head toss” on rough terrain – or even driveways. Conventional damping then firms up during faster speeds resulting in a jarring ride.
Falcon’s proprietary Volume Optimized Damping (VOD) features a digressive linear valve that produces quicker ramp up for increased damping volume, which improves vehicle feedback and control during low-speed driving. VOD also improves the shock absorber’s ability to reduce bottoming out at full compression during faster speeds or over uneven terrain.
- Front monotube shocks
- Front & rear bump stops
- Front billet coil spring carrier
- Front spring isolators
- Rear adjustable piggyback shocks
- 1.25" lift leaf spring blocks
- Rear bump stop cups
- Rear roost guards
- Necessary hardware
- Installation instructions
- Front leveling monotube shock absorbers w/ fixed rate damping optimized for on- & off-road driving
- Rear adjustable piggyback shock absorbers w/ Fast Adjust Knob w/ 3 compression settings for large damping adjustments
- Rear adjustment settings include: Comfort & Control, Moderate Tow/Haul, & Heavy Tow/Haul
- 1.25” lift rear leaf spring blocks
- Piggyback design features increased oil & gas capacity vs. monotube or twin-tube designs reducing heat buildup for more consistent performance
- Piggyback fluid passage design flows 6 times more oil than restrictive reservoir hose designs as well as eliminates common leakage issues found in banjo & swivel fittings
- Lift height: Front- 0-2.25" | Rear- 1.25"
- Built in-house at TeraFlex Falcon Shock Division
- 3 year warranty
- Estimated installation time: 3.5 hours
** Never exceed factory tow/haul ratings
*** Do not use tow/haul modes while unladen as the increased rear stiffness could upset the balance between the front and rear of the vehicle, which could lead to loss of vehicle control.